Location: The Pig Hotel, Brockenhurst Beaulieu Road, Brockenhurst
Hours: Full Time, £45,000 - £52,000 DOE
Location: Clayhill Head Office, Lyndhurst, Hampshire. SO43 7DD
Hours & Working Pattern: Monday - Friday
Salary & Benefits: £45,000 - £52,000 DOE
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Company overview: We are committed to doing the little things brilliantly. Boutique hoteliers with decades of experience behind us and an obsessive commitment to what we believe in. Multi-Award winning hotels with locations in Hampshire. Somerset. Dorset. Devon. Kent. Cornwall. Sussex. We class ourselves as restaurants with rooms, our Kitchen Gardens are at the heart of what we do. We have an obsessive commitment to home-grown and local produce, and we celebrate the seasons. This means we use only the freshest and most authentic ingredients. Our kitchen gardeners work hand-in-hand with our chefs to create menus bursting with simple British garden food. What we can’t grow or rear ourselves, we source from the local area. This is the foundation of our 25-mile menu.
Job purpose: Home Grown Hotels is the Company behind The Pig Hotel Group. There are currently eight hotels in the Group with The Pig-in the South Downs having recently opened in September 2021. As a result of recent growth and the recent investment into the group by KSL Capital Partners, there is an opportunity to join The Pig’s finance team.
As the Financial Accountant, you will provide financial and management information to assist in decision making to enable performance improvement. Candidate must be highly motivated with an attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills.
- Preparing month end journals, management accounts, monthly balance sheet and cashflow
- Ensuring financial statements are prepared in line with accounting standards & group reporting timeframes
- Intercompany reconciliations, including raising of invoices
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and PSA
- Supporting the year end audit, working with external auditors.
- Liaising with Hotels teams where necessary to ensure accurate information is being presented
- Analysing management information to ensure information is complete.
- Development of internal accounting processes
- Assisting the accounts department in all other duties as required to achieve it’s goals
Experience, Skills & Qualification Requirements:
- ACA/ACCA qualified, with industry experience but not essential
- Advanced IT skills
- Process driven with the ability to strengthen internal controls
- The ability to contribute to team cohesion, collective responsibility and accountability
- Working knowledge of accounting standards
- Cooperative/collaborative with excellent communication skills
- A desire to continuously improve, operate well, and excel in their role
- Excellent time management to ensure all deadlines are met
Other Details: Occasional travel to hotel sites may be required.
We are proud to have grown our group throughout the recent difficulties faced within our industry. With new openings upon the horizon, it’s a wonderful time to join us for a sustainable future.